Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Have questions and concerns about the Guide Light? Check out our Guide Light page for more answers
Have other questions you need answers to? We’ve shared some of the more frequently asked questions to help!
How Would you like to Pay:
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Certified Check, Money order or Bank wire transfer. To make it easier for you. For orders over $400 on credit card we have a form for the customer to fill out and fax back to us. If this is not possible we look at each situation separately.
Overseas purchases are by wire transfer only.
Purchases anywhere else in Canada are subject to that particular provinces tax rates. Purchases outside of Canada are subject to their local sales tax, and duties.
Purchases in Saskatchewan are subject to 5% PST and 5% GST.
We ship with either FEDEX, DHL or Canada Post. Our main clienteles are based in North America and we primarily sell to Canada and the US but we also sell and ship overseas as well. If you live outside of US and Canada please contact us for details. We make sure you receive your Guide Light.
Products covered under one (1) year warranty from the purchased date:
Limited Liability Warranty
SAFETY AID products are covered by a limited liability warranty from defects in material and workmanship. This warranty does not apply if, in the judgement of SAFETY AID, the product fails due to damage from shipment, handling, storage, accident, abuse or misuse, or if it has been used or maintained in a manner not conforming to product’s instructions, has been modified in any way, or has a defaced or removed serial number.
Repair by anyone other than SAFETY AID or an approved agent voids this warranty. The maximum liability of SAFETY AID is the product purchase price. You can find if your product is covered by SAFETY AID warranty by comparing the duration of the warranty against the purchase date.
If your product is not covered under warranty, we offer Repair Services for a fee. Safety Aid warranty only covers failures due to defects in materials or workmanship. Warranty does not apply if, in the judgement of Safety Aid, the product fails due to damage from shipment, handling, storage, accident, abuse or misuse, or damage that is attributable to acts of God, or if it has been used or maintained in a manner not conforming to product manual instructions, has been modified in any way, or has had any serial number removed or defaced.
What is the Warranty on my Replacement product?
Warranty on the replacement product continues from the original date of purchase and will be extended for the number of whole days that the product has been out of the buyer’s hands for warranty repairs.
Warranty Return Policy
All of our products have a 30 day money back guarantee and a one (1) year warranty
The full purchase price will be refunded less shipping and handling.
You must obtain a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number from Customer Support before returning a product. The phone numbers for this is 1-416-749-6660 . Products returned without an RMA number are not processed and will be returned to you.
Proof of purchase is required to get warranty service.
Return shipping is prepaid by the customer.
International customers may be subject to duties, taxes and brokerage fee. Customers are responsible for fees incurred.
This option allows you to return the defective product to the RMA fulfillment center. As soon as the fulfillment centre receives the defective product, a replacement unit is shipped out in one business day via ground services.
These credit cards are accepted:
• Visa and Discovery
Warranty Replacement Procedure
Do not ship your defective product to US before contacting customer support.
- Obtain a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number by contacting customer support.
- A customer support agent will do troubleshooting to see if the product is defective. If it is, then this information is required:
- Your contact information
- Product serial number or model number
- Proof of purchase
- Credit card information for optional shipping services
- The Customer Support Representative will provide you with an RMA number and shipping information. Please be sure to write this down.
- Package product securely. If you are returning Guide Light please make sure to include the remote with your guide light. SAFETY AID only replaces the light which includes the remote. Please Include your contact information with your name, address, phone number, and RMA number inside the package.
- Send the product to the RMA fulfillment address given by customer support. Clearly write your RMA number on the outside of the package you are returning. Customers are responsible for the freight charges to SAFETY AID. We suggest using a carrier that provides tracking information. SAFETY AID is not responsible for packages lost in transit to SAFETY AID. The replacement product is shipped by ground with shipping charges prepaid. Expedited shipping is available at extra cost.
For status of an already issued RMA, call (416) 749-6660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .